Pepperoni, mozzarella and a good loaf of crusty bread — what’s not to like?
Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
- 2 round or oval loaves of bread (something with a firm outer crust)
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pepperoni slices, cut in half
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara/pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil (leave enough extra foil on the sides to wrap the bread loaves) and spray with cooking spray.
- Use a long bread knife to slice the bread. Make long slices about 1.5 inches apart across the bread, and then in the opposite direction so that you get a checkerboard effect (be careful not to slice all the way through the bread, you do not cut through the bottom crust).
- Gently stuff the mozzarella into all of the spaces in the bread.
- Stuff pepperoni slices into the spaces next.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and whisk in Italian seasoning. Drizzle or brush seasoned butter over the whole bread.
- Place loaves onto prepared baking sheet and wrap the loaves with the extra foil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bread starts to brown lightly. Serve pull-apart bread with warmed pizza/marinara sauce for dipping.