With creamy coconut milk and zesty lime and sriracha, this poached salmon is a flavorful and healthy dinner option.
Poached Salmon in Coconut Lime Sauce
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons ginger, finely grated
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Zest of one lime
- Lime juice, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
- Steamed Bok Choy
- Sprinkle both sides of each salmon fillet with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick pan or well seasoned skillet over medium high heat. Add salmon and sear for just 1 1/2 minutes until golden. Turn salmon and cook the other side just for 1 minute, then remove and set aside (should still be raw inside).
- Turn heat down to medium low and allow skillet to cool. Heat remaining tablespoon of oil. Add garlic, ginger and lemon zest. Cook until garlic is just starting to turn golden brown, about one minute.
- Add brown sugar and cook for about 20 seconds until mixture begins to caramelize, then stir in sriracha. Add coconut milk and stir, scraping the bottom of the skillet to dissolve any bits stuck on the bottom into the sauce. Stir in soy sauce, increase heat to medium and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place salmon into the sauce, lower heat and simmer gently for 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove salmon, stir in lime zest and juice to taste.
- Adjust salt to taste with soy sauce. Serve salmon over noodles. Spoon over sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro.