These are actually the best pork chops ever, and the secret is all in the pineapple-turmeric glaze.
Grilled Pork Chops with Pineapple-Turmeric Glaze
- ½ cup canned pineapple juice
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops
- Kosher salt
- Prepare a grill for high indirect heat (for a gas grill, leave one or two burners off; for a charcoal grill, bank coals on one side).
- Bring pineapple juice, honey, vinegar, mustard, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and turmeric to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to about ¾ cup, 10–15 minutes. Let cool. Transfer half of sauce to a small bowl and set aside for serving.
- Season pork chops with salt. Grill pork chops over direct heat until browned all over, about 3 minutes per side. Continue to grill, turning several times and basting with remaining sauce, until charred and coated with a thick layer of glaze, about 4 minutes.
- Move to cooler part of grill and take internal temperature of pork. If needed, continue grilling over indirect heat until an instant-read thermometer inserted into pork chops near bone registers 130 degrees.
- Transfer pork chops to a wire rack and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.