Flavorful fennel is the star of this side dish. Make sure to roast until the edges begin to crisp to get the best texture and flavor.
Roasted Parmesan Fennel
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chives
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the fronds off the fennel bulbs, placing aside. Cut each bulb into 1/2 inch slices, and cut each of those pieces in half.
- Pour half of the olive oil in your baking dish, and arrange the fennel in a single layer. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-45 minutes, until fennel is tender and roasted.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan and half of the chives, and bake for another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chives and some of the fennel fronds and serve.