Red velvet brownies, mixed with a cream cheese swirl baked in, topped with sprinkles – yum!
Red (Velvet), White and Blue Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the cream cheese swirl:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons AP flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup patriotic sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350, and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder and salt, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, followed by eggs one at a time. Add in the vanilla and red food coloring, and mix until combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients, and mix with a spatula until it just comes together; pour into the baking dish.
- For the cream cheese swirl: Using a mixer, whisk together all the ingredients for the cream cheese swirl (except for sprinkles) until smooth. Use a spatula to fold in the sprinkles. Add dollops onto the brownie batter, and use a butter knife to carefully swirl into the mixture. Don’t over mix.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.