Pies are an American staple, just like football. Combine the two by making this adorably scrumptious bite-sized cherry pies.
Red Zone Bites
- 2 (2-count) packages refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 12-count muffin pan with butter.
- Place a single sheet of pie dough on a floured surface. Using a 4-inch cookie cutter, cut 12 circles.
- Place each circle into a muffin cup, pushing down to the bottom. There should be excess dough at the top of the cup.
- Fill each cup with a few spoonfuls of filling, careful not to overfill.
- With the remaining pie dough, use a pizza cutter to cut strips of dough about a 1/4-inch thick.
- Lattice the strips’ edges to the top of the filling in each cup, cutting off the excess from the strips.
- Gently crimp the strips to the dough in the cup, ensuring the two are adhered.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the water, and brush evenly onto the pie crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until crust is golden and the filling is bubbling.