This easy homemade bread is a fail-proof gift. To top it off, you can download our “Made with Love” gift tag.
Rosemary No-Knead Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ¼ cups room temperature water
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast, salt and rosemary.
- Add the water and olive oil, and stir with a large spoon until the flour is completely incorporated. Use hands if needed. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it sit in a warm spot in the kitchen for 10-12 hours. Once the dough has risen and is covered in bubbles, it is ready to be shaped.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and sprinkle a little flour over the top of the dough. Using your fingertips, scrape the dough out of the bowl and onto the floured surface.
- Fold the dough over a few times to give it a little structure. Gather it into a ball.
- Brush a piece of parchment paper with oil. Put the dough onto the parchment and cover it with a damp kitchen towel. Let the dough rest for one hour.
- After thirty minutes, put a large oven-safe pot with a lid into the oven, and heat the oven to 500 degrees. When the hour is up, cut a slit in the top of the bread with a serrated knife.
- Pick up the bread by the corners of the parchment and lower it into the large pot. Cover the pot and put it back in the oven.
- Lower the heat to 425 degrees and bake the bread for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a rack and let cool.
- Enjoy immediately or wrap it up and give as a gift.