These beef-stuffed hoagies are the perfect dish for fall – and the best part? It’s cooked in a slow cooker, so it’s hassle free.
Slow Cooker Beef-Stuffed Hoagie with Au Jus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 2-pounds chuck roast
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can French onion soup
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 hoagies
- 6 slices of provolone
- Add olive oil to a pan, and preheat on a medium-high heat. While the pan is heating up, season the roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Put the roast in the pan, and sear all sides.
- Remove from heat, and place directly into slow cooker.
- Using the same pan, sauté sliced onions until soft.
- Add onions, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and French onion soup to slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker to shred or thinly slice.
- Pour the remaining liquid through a strainer and into a bowl, this is the au jus.
- Put roast inside a hoagie, cover with provolone and toast, if desired. Serve hot with au jus.