Can’t bring yourself to throw out that sourdough discard with each feeding? Use it to make these sourdough crackers instead!
- 1 cup (227 g) sourdough starter
- 1 cup (113 g) AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Knead the dough until smooth, transfer to a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out to desired width, keeping in mind that the crackers will rise in the oven.
- Transfer the parchment paper with the dough to a baking sheet; use a pizza cutter or a knife to slice the crackers to desired size.
- Drizzle in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and add freshly cracked black pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes; flip the crackers, drizzle with more oil, and return to oven for another 10 minutes. Remove when golden.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.