Spaghetti Squash Pizza Boats are the low(er) carb answer to your pizza cravings and almost as easy as delivery.
Spaghetti Squash Pizza Boats
- 2 whole spaghetti squashes
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- 2 cups marinara
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- parsley (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash on plate and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Halve lengthwise and remove seeds (it will be hot!). Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Bake with the rind up for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn oven up to broil.
- While baking, crisp pepperoni in a skillet. Transfer to a plate.
- Loosen up the spaghetti squash with a fork.
- Mix in ½ cup marinara sauce, ¼ cup mozzarella and ¼ cup of the pepperoni into the baked squash half.
- Add ¼ cup mozzarella and parsley on top.
- Return to baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- *If you are short on time, you can bake the spaghetti squash in the microwave instead of the oven. Cut the squash in half, clean out the seeds and place face down on a plate. Pour a small amount of water onto the plate, and wrap with plastic wrap. Microwave for 9 minutes. Be careful of hot steam, but the squash would be ready to loosen up.