Easy weeknight dinners are always great to keep in your back pocket, but the flavors are lacking more often than not. With this sheet pan dinner, no worries there!
Steak Pan Dinner
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 yellow squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 2-pound sirloin steak
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Fresh Italian parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice and chili flakes.
- Slice the sirloin in diagonal strips, about 3/8-inch thick.
- Place the steak cuts into the marinade, and marinate for at least 30 minutes, but up to two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet, line one third with broccoli florets; and line another third with squash.
- Evenly drizzle the vegetables with olive oil. Sprinkle broccoli and squash with garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper.
- Line the remaining third of the baking sheet with the steak (holding back the majority of the marinade).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the steak reaches desired doneness. Garnish with chopped parsley.