By Kristina Domitrovich
Photos by Lindsay Pace
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 package white candy melts
- Sprinkles or sugar crystals
- Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, and incorporate until just combined.
- On a clean surface, sprinkle a little flour before turning out the cookie dough.
- Roll it to be ¼-inch thick, and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out cookies. Re-roll the dough as needed.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until fully cooked (but before browning).
- Let the cookies cool completely.
- Follow the package instructions for heating candy melts, and begin to dunk, dip, glaze and drizzle the candy melt on the cookies, and scrape off excess.
- Before hardening, coat with sprinkles as desired.