Few things are as comforting as a table full of Southern staples, like these sweet ‘n cheesy cornbread muffins.
Sweet ‘n Cheesy Cornbread Muffins
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350, and prepare a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients; in a small bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and use a spatula to combine. Fold in the cheese.
- Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 of the way and bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.