Use this base recipe with whatever you have on hand for a quick and satisfying summer meal!
Sweet Potato & Kale Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (you can substitute white potato, onion or tomato)
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups curly kale, ribs removed (or other green like spinach)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta (or whatever cheese you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, beat the eggs and add milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil to a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add sweet potato and cook until fork tender.
- Add garlic and kale and cook until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove half of the sweet potato mixture and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture into cast-iron skillet, and add the remaining sweet potato mixture over the top.
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese of choice.
- Bake in the oven until center is firm, around 10 minutes.