There are few things that hit the spot quite like a sandwich, and this recipe is sure to do the trick. Don’t skip on the star of the show: the dijon aioli!
Turkey Melts with Dijon Aioli
- 6 slices of sourdough or Italian bread
- 18 slices oven-roasted turkey
- 9 slices of provolone cheese
- For the dijon aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 heaping tablespoons country dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the dijon aioli until combined.
- Lather generously on all six slices of bread. On three slices of bread, top with three slices of cheese; on the remaining bread, top with six slices of turkey.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Place the cheese-covered bread on top of the turkey, slice in half, and serve immediately.