It doesn’t get quicker or easier than this white bean hummus. Add the tomato and basil mixture for the perfect tailgate snack!
White Bean Hummus
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- pita chips or sliced veggies for dipping
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic, beans, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, oregano, and thyme, and pulse until smooth.
- Add extra olive oil to achieve the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over halved tomatoes, add basil and toss.
- Add bean mixture to a shallow bowl or plate and top with tomato-basil mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve with pita chips or vegetables for dipping.