These anti-inflammatory zucchini muffins are a great way to fuel your day, and they freeze ahead of time wonderfully.
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick + 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large zucchini, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 350, and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with grease or cupcake liners.
- Wash zucchini and cut off ends and blemishes. Cut in half, lengthwise, and use a spoon to remove large seeds.
- Finely grate the zucchini, and squeeze out all excess liquid using a cheesecloth; set aside for later.
- Use a mixer to combine all wet ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Add the dry to the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the zucchini until just combined.
- Evenly disperse the batter in the muffin tin.
- Bake for 18-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To freeze: Cool completely to prevent condensation, and wrap individually in saran wrap and place in a freezer bag, then put in the freezer up to two weeks ahead of time. Thaw the night before, or pop in the microwave for 15-second intervals until warm.